Till Death Do Us Part

by Friday, June 07, 2013 0 comments
A quick little story I'd written.
-----------------------------------------------



Frozen glass. It’s a wondrous thing you know. It glistens in the light, reflecting the rays, to create a bright aura. Yet, with the most simplest of a touch it will shatter into a million pieces. Still, the sight is memorizing. Being so close to perfection, yet seemingly so very far away.

The rain skidded across the crystal lake, a soft popping sound shattering the silence with each and every contact. The bright flashing of lights in the distance encompassed the area, drawing me back from the ethereal world. Somnolent rasps from the wind, etched the scene. The foliage of the leaves granting little protection to the dreaming pastel flowers drifting in between the blades of grass.

And so I waited. Protected by the penumbra of the over-head dark clouds. I peaked into the world. She would come. She always did. Much like the moon does every night, her fragile footsteps crept to life.  Her soft blond hair playing tag with the wind, her bright blue eyes staring off into the clouds. Her name was long forgotten, but her face could never be. Covered in a cashmere scarf, she was pure. She was my lissome angel.

The girl removed her ruby slippers and dipped her feet into the water. The lightly-coloured fabric of her dress gently rippled with the wind.  Her petite hands quickly found their way to her fingers, clutching onto a small ring made of daffodils. “You never came back.” She whispered out staring into her reflection, small ripples unraveling her figure.

Her face seemed so forlorn. I crept closer to her, careful not to startle the beauty. “I tried to, honest I really did.” The angels tears tapping hard against my cold cheek. An unspoken reminder.

The once easter-coloured tulips seemed to dim away into null with every step I took. The rain only getting worse. “Eight years... It’s been eight years since we were eight. Eight years since I’ve had a genuine smile. Why did you go... You didn’t have to.” She slipped the lubricious ring off her finger, rolling it between her palms.  Her own tears concealed by the rain.

Finally, I stood behind her. Watching over her. I slipped my hand through her hair, and brushed my hand against her cheek. The thunder clapped, much louder than it had before. She vanished. Time was ephemeral, so I learned to treasure each and every moment. If only she knew.

I was alone again. In a room up high. The walls a pleasant white, only reminding me of what was. Her final words, echoing off the walls, “Till death due us part... If only that were true.”  

Unknown

Author

Just trying to share creativty across the world. My goal is to evoke emotion with my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment